Monday, January 10, 2011

Timeline at Meadow Brook Farm


PHOTOGRAPHER'S JOURNAL - This timeline of barns parallels the street but hides its Victorian jewelry and tries to avoid being photographed. I struggled to try to guess initial purposes and ages. When I'm led to photograph a barnstead like this it's hard not to be captivated by the thing, but then I will make nothing but photographic documents. The photograph to be made at Meadow Brook Farm in mid August was a composition of pleasing textures and colors, nothing more and nothing less.

2 comments:

Trotter said...

Wonderful! Which camera are you using here?

Emery Roth said...

Except when my camera is in the shop, almost all photos are taken with my Nikon D300. Occasionally when I trash that one and it is in repair I use a backup D70.