Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gigue


PHOTOGRAPHER'S JOURNAL:
Ice Sorcery

Of the simple wonders, ice ranks high.
I go to the river to learn its magic.
Frozen,
it's crystal scaffolding builds
a dome in air, its hallowed geometries stop
the river's flow.

Last week the hard freeze broke,
the ice ran free,
ten thousand silver lizards
scampered for the rocks, no sooner free than scurrying for their lives,
glistening in the sun
above the undertow and
huddling nightly
beneath the moon's
wordless
incantation.

5 comments:

Grandma said...

Ice always attracts folks with cameras. Your eye has captured a remarkable bit of nature. The lace-like talons of ice are exceptional. The depth, shadow, light, texture and poetry all raise this series to a level of artistry that (given the subject) one does not often see.

Bravo!

Emery Roth said...

I know you wouldn't have written this unless you meant it. and therefore I treasure the comment all the more.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Beautiful! The photo and the lines, both!!

There's an award for you on my blog. Take it and showcase it on your blog!

Beautiful Walls

Trotter said...

Hi Ted! Sorry for the absence, but this starting of the year has been even crazier than usual!

Great ice show! And the size makes it more impressive! Of course, I leave the technical details for the experts, but I simply love these pictures!!

Blogtrotter 2 is departing Miami by sea. Hope you like it and have a great week!!

Emery Roth said...

Bhavesh - Thank you for the award. I will post it as soon as I finish the changes begun to my blog.

Welcome back Trotter. I will be sorry to leave Miami's Art Deco, but you provided a wonderfully satisfying variety.