Sunday, June 8, 2008

Colorfield #2


JOHN B. WELLER: "Somewhere stored in my memory is a physical description of most objects I could encounter in the outdoors. When I photograph, I consciously try to wipe that slate clean. I don't see sand; I see abstract patterns of light. The best photographs are said to have a design. Essentially this means if you were to forget the identities of the subjects, the patterns of light and shadow, color, texture and form - [the design] would still communicate the spirit of the piece."

Be sure to click the picture to see it enlarged.

Have you visited, "Dandelion's Revenge"?

2 comments:

Andree said...

and if there is anything I love, it's the puffs. I even love seeing whole fields of them. Great food for finches. Yet a herbalist who gave a wild edibles walk actually called these weeds. I suppose she had a reason.

Emery Roth said...

I love them too. Weeds, bah, humbug! Around here the finches are not especially picky in their diet and eat from the feeder with the rest of the songbirds. Thanks for stopping by.