Sunday, April 20, 2008

North Meadow #8


PHOTOGRAPHER'S DIARY:

As crouching spiders watched and waited
bees, and butterflies, dragon flies and hummingbird moths
grew cold and dry as dust.
The webs were empty.
Then they were gone.
There is no North Meadow. Perhaps there never was one.

I believe in wandering. This will be the last North Meadow photo that I will post on TODAY'S for awhile, anyhow. Is it effervescence or rigor mortis? I'm feeling out of touch with frost. The last few days have been warm and sunny, and I've repeatedly caught myself trying to photograph the first blushes of spring.

This journey through past work provides a needed point of reference to my current shooting - helps me see the path I've followed from there to here, though I continue without a plan, simply wandering to see what catches my eye. And what catches my eye changes my eye and sometimes changes my direction. I believe in wandering. Today also the song birds were back.

5 comments:

virtual nexus said...

Spring is definitely in the air!

I've just returned from the Lake district; I think you would have revelled in it. Old stone barns are legion up there - such distinctive scenery with buildings growing out of rock.

Emery Roth said...

I've never visited the Lake District in spite of my love for the poetry of Wordsworth and especially Coleridge. I'm sure I could lose myself there for months. I'm hoping that when I get to your site in a moment I will see some Lake District photos.

virtual nexus said...

Ted - just posted the first few shots of the Lakes to give a flavour of the area. We visited Grasmere, and I photographed the Wordsworth graves etc, though decided to leave Dove Cottage itself for a later visit. Those photos will come in a later post.

Dick said...

I enlarged the picture and "wow" it is beautiful.

Emery Roth said...

Julie & Dick - Thanks for stopping by and for your comments. Julie, I would have loved to get to the Lake District when I was in England, but it was not to be. We did cover much from the West Country to London and up to York.