Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Frühlingstraum


WALTER PATER: "All art aspires to the condition of music."

PHOTOGRAPHER'S DIARY; I had Schubert's amazing song in mind when I titled this posting. I encourage those who don't know it (and those who do) to locate Hans Hotter's recording with Gerald Moore at the piano and listen to it repeatedly. After that, my photo will be insignificant, but you'll have an idea of what I would aspire to if I could.

WALTER PATER: "Not the fruit of experience, but experience itself is the end."

Frühlingstraum [NOTE: The link will provide both words and a recorded version of the song. Unfortunately, the performance is pretty awful. Find Hotter/Moore or Husch or Lehmann, or Fssbaender to hear how beautiful this song is.]

3 comments:

Jerry in Tampa said...

Ted - awesome winter image! marvelous tones and texture!!! You can have the snow - we call anything below 60 freezing down here......
I emailed you at Tooter@gmail.com to thank you the encouragement on my pictures and also for your input - please let me know if you got it.

My email is jerry.moores@verizon .net

Jerry in Tampa

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Yes you're right I can Imagine Shubert looking to this field of high grass, and composing his music... very welldone..

Today its the 14th of February,I want to wish you and your beloved one's, a happy Valentine's day with lots of LOVE

Greetings JoAnn/NL

Emery Roth said...

Jerry and Julie - thanks for your comments. Julie, if you know the particular song, it has a special connection. Check the link to the lyrics.