Monday, October 22, 2007

Sitting Pumpkin


Sunday was billed as a marathon, fall, colors shoot . Friends who met at a summer photo workshop in Maine were to arrive through the morning. Car trouble made for a rough start and an early finish, but from 10:30 to 4 PM we explored sites in The Hollow and Spring HIll Vineyard. One member has already published a bunch of his images, and I'm impressed by his speed in and wit in seeinbg and setting up images, ...and his color. It's both inspiring and humbling to see what others find in places I've been shooting for months. Although I've shot this spot since last winter, until recently I stayed away from the front porch, mostly out of a feeling of not wanting to intrude, but now I've gone and done it.

Late-breaking news, a few of Rebecca's shots can be seen at: http://camerajourneys.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

HI:)
Lucky you that you saw this pumpkin 'sitting' , as always very nice the shadows, however it was last winter, the photo seems to be timeless!

Thankyou for your visit on my blog (Sicilian vacation) Yes I agree fully with you , the 'people photo's' are wonderfull, its was a hard job finding 'local people' because most went to the bigger cities (on land, away from the island Sicilia). I like it also more to make photo's from faces/people, but the travelguide warned me not to do so, so those photo's I made by telelens (150x450 meters) So of course I thought that the 'begging woman' would not like it to be photographed, so I did it 'hidden' haha!

So overall I made photo's from details, as what I saw in shopwindows or on the markets and on the streets.There where I had 'the time' to focus my lens.. I'll show most of them the coming days... So kep watching.

Bye Greetings from JoAnn

Emery Roth said...

I spent time this summer working on street photography of people. I find it is a whole different skill that even requires using the camera very differently. In various workshops I've taken the instructors urge, just do it.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thats a good idea Ted, to stay creative I might consider doing a worksop this winter but.... We are travelling too much to follow a course, so when a shorter course is coming....

I maybe.... but looking at your bblog is a pleasure fr me though...:)

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

ooops I forgot to tell you,
!) I saw a building on "FENIX" blog with the designer's name like YOUR name!)

and....Today I posted some more historical photo's of Italy, you might be interested?

I've also been tagged so if you want to know more about me:)

Greetings from JoAnn:)

Emery Roth said...

I've taken 1-week workshops for the past two summers. this past summer the workshop I took was at the Rockport Media Workshops in rockport, Maine. If you like travel I highly recommend their programs as a 1 week portion of a longer vacation along the Maine coast. Beautiful scenery and interesting people!