Monday, October 13, 2008

TODAY'S PHOTO: Detonation, Autumn


PHOTOGRAPHER'S DIARY: I interrupt this jaunt through Maine for autumn, drunk and wheeling with color. It seems every autumn is different. This one arrived early and colored up quickly. It reached its peak this weekend as dry clear weather passed through the Litchfield Hills, drawing me to shoot upward of 6 hours a day, and filling my bin with photos I'm eager to share. Much remains from my Maine adventures, and I will return to them during the drab months when I'm longing for color.

Hilltop Pond, 8 AM, Sunday! I'm the only one here. At my back, the sun has just come over the mountain like a still wind. How can such things pass without anyone noticing? I'm transfixed.

5 comments:

Lynda Lehmann said...

Great photo and writing! I just returned from Maine, where I too, was transfixed by the beauty I saw around the lake!

Emery Roth said...

Well, I got back from Maine at the start of September, but it takes me awhile to review the photos and make posts, and the Maine series was especially time consuming. Thanks for stopping by and luring me to the beauties of your own site.

Dick said...

Autumn is coming up here too, but not quickly, fantastic shot.

virtualjourney said...

The six hours is worth every minute.
Autumn is like this here - have ear marked a couple of arboretums to plunder.

Emery Roth said...

The pond was a new discovery this summer. I pass it now in a new section of dirt roads I'm traveling, but I didn't shoot here until last week. Glad you enjoyed.